Slang Tang Episode 4 takes us to Tunisia, Palestine, the Netherlands, Argentina, Japan, Cuba, Australian and Iraq. Checkpoint 303 kick us off with their unique take on the Middle Eastern situation, blending field recordings and news reports with electronica and acoustic instrumentation. We then grab two slices of digital cumbia – first from new producer Sonido Del Principe, who rubs some heavy electro into the mix, and secondly from Argentina’s DJ Negro with a track from the new Bersa Discos release, Volume 2 in their ongoing 12″ series. Japan’s Yoshida Brothers strip everything back to basics for a frenetic workout on the shamisen, before Man Recordings’ Daniel Haaksman brings on a remix for Cuban band Madera Limpia. We represent Australia with indigenous hip hop artist Wire MC and bring things to a close with DJ Foundation from Mosul in Iraq and his unique brand of sample-heavy plunderphonics.
– CHECKPOINT 303 – Hawiya Dhayea [Tunisia / Palestine] | Download
– SONIDO DEL PRINCIPE – Barranquilla [Netherlands] | Download
– DJ NEGRO – Mundo Querido [Argentina] | Buy
– YOSHIDA BROTHERS – Kodo (Hishou Version) [Japan] | Buy at iTunes Music Store
– MADERA LIMPIA – Loco (Daniel Haaksman Remix) [Cuba] | Buy
– WIRE MC – B.L.A.C.K. (Sven Simulacrum Gangsta Desi Fix) [Australia] | Stream
– DJ FOUNDATION – Hot Girls Hot Guys [Iraq] | Buy
Slang Tang is produced & presented by Stu Buchanan.