Venturing into marginal music scenes from around the world, Episode 004 features off-centre music from Uganda, Tunisia, Estonia, Indonesia, Japan, Spain and Iceland.
In this episode, Nihiloxica smash Bugandan drumming with avant electronics with exhilarating results; Tunisian producer Deena Abdelwahed taps some impressive remix talent for her new E.P. and there’s a mesmerising collaboration between Estonian vocalist and violinist Maarja Nuut and producer Ruum. Plus, music from Indonesian doom-folk duo Senyawa, Seville producer Lone Twin, eclectic Japanese artist Yoshinori Hayashi and lush vocal electronics from rauður from Iceland.
Listen to Freak Wave 004:
To make sure you catch every episode of Freak Wave, subscribe now at Apple iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
- Nihiloxica (Uganda) – Baksimba – from Biiri (Nyege Nyege Tapes)
- Deena Abdelwahed (Tunisia) – Tawa (Basile3 Remix) – from Tawa (Remixes) (InFiné)
- Maarja Nuut & Ruum (Estonia) – Haned kadunud – from Muutuja (Fat Cat Records)
- Senyawa (Indonesia) – Kembali Ke Dunia (Return To The World) – from Sujud (Sublime Frequencies)
- Yoshinori Hayashi (Japan) – Bit Of Garden – from Ambivalence (Smalltown Supersound)
- Lost Twin (Spain) – Andromeda /Las Perpetuas Arenas Movedizas – from Twin Talk / Twin Talk II (Lovemonk)
- rauður (Iceland) – Tunglid (Synth Babes)
Episode Image: Maarja Nuut & Ruum Muutuja