Out From Under is a weekly radio program and podcast, diving deep beneath the surface of the Australian music scene, celebrating experimental and eclectic music from the upside down.
In Episode #29, I talk with Sydney-based quintet Tangents; a band that somewhat defy categorisation, colliding between genres and forms, taking cues from electronic production, post rock, jazz and free improvisation and more. Over the last six years, they’ve found critical acclaim for their three albums and two EPs, and have been remixed by artists such as Four Tet and Jim O’Rourke.
We’ll hear from two of the band members – cellist Peter Hollo and electronic producer Ollie Brown – and spool through a selection of tracks from across the Tangents catalogue.
Originally broadcast on Resonance Extra, 28 April 2019.
New episodes of Out From Under air every Sunday 6pm AEST on Resonance Extra. extra.resonance.fm
Podcasts are published the day after transmission – listen and subscribe on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
All music by Tangents.
- Terracotta (from New Bodies)
- Stitches (from I)
- Jindabyne (from Stateless)
- Masist Cau (from Stateless)
- Immersion (Katie Gately Remix) (Original version from New Bodies)
- Oort Cloud (from New Bodies)
- Gone to Ground (from New Bodies)
- Arteries (Extended) (from Stents + Arteries)
- Maze Crescent (from Maze Crescent)