Out From Under is a weekly radio program and podcast, diving deep beneath the surface of the Australian music scene, celebrating experimental and eclectic music from the upside down.
On this week’s program, we explore decades-old Australian music, made available for a new generation of listeners via the unique archival label, Efficient Space. We talk with label founder Michael Kucyk and listen to a selection of off-kilter Australian music from the archives, exclusively curated by Michael for Out From Under.
Originally broadcast on Resonance Extra, 14 April 2019.
New episodes of Out From Under air every Sunday 6pm AEST on Resonance Extra. extra.resonance.fm
Podcasts are published the day after transmission – listen and subscribe on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
- The Horse He’s Sick – Larynx
- Braden Schlager – Morning (Rummage Mix)
- Hypnoblob – Deep Down
- → ↑ → – Sedation
- Prod – Knife On Top
- Zerox Dreamflesh – Squids Can Fly
- Andy Rantzen – Fantasy Dub
- Waak Waak Djungi – Black Crow
- Waak Waak Djungi – White Cockatoo
Efficient Space Selection by Michael Kucyk –
- Wilson Tanner – Radar [Efficient Space]
- Terry Murphy – Dwell [Zip]
- INXS – Mechanical [WEA]
- Tree – Earth And Sky [Australian Broadcasting Corporation]
- Mr Knott – Talking to a Sleeping Man [Unreleased]
- The Limp – My Fiasco [Unreleased]
- Karen Marks – Cold Café (Demo) [Efficient Space]
Artist Links: Bandcamp