Title: New Weird Australia, New Editions Sampled
Catalogue Number: NWA011
Released: April 2012
In August 2010, New Weird Australia launched its first label – titled ‘New Editions’ – an imprint focusing on single artist releases.
Unlike the download-only compilations, New Editions releases were available in two formats: a high-quality digital release (priced as a ‘pay what you like’ model) and in a run of limited-edition CDs available from artist shows & NWA events. Over an 18 month period, New Editions released albums and EPs from CAUGHT SHIP (Melbourne), BLAKE FREELE (Sydney), PANEYE (Sydney), TANTRUMS (Melbourne), NO ZU (Melbourne), KRIS KEOGH (Darwin), FORENZICS (Sydney), SPARTAK (Canberra), THOMAS WILLIAM VS SCISSOR LOCK (Sydney) and STRANGE FORCES (Brisbane).
This compilation celebrates the conclusion of the New Editions project, combining a track from each release with unreleased and rare material from many of the artists involved. New Weird Australia launches a new label imprint in April 2012.
1. CAUGHT SHIP Before Now I Was Convinced (from ‘Start Dencing Dad Start Dencing‘) 06:17
2. BLAKE FREELE Bitter Some (from ‘Pins‘) 08:41
3. PANEYE She Swallowed My Days (from ‘Lost In A Dark Aquarium‘) 02:03
4. TANTRUMS Anomie (Collarbones Remix, from ‘Anomie‘) 02:25
5. NO ZU Acropolis (from ‘New Age EP‘) 05:04
6. KRIS KEOGH As Meteor Showers Melted Your Heart (from ‘Processed Harp Works Volume One‘) 02:16
7. FORENZICS Dub Scab (from ‘Build Ruins‘) 05:06
8. SPARTAK Rail Star Mode (from ‘Nippon‘) 05:47
9. THOMAS WILLIAM VS SCISSOR LOCK Cadillic (from ‘Jewelz‘) 05:12
10. STRANGE FORCES Hungry Ghost Nation (from ‘Strange Forces‘) 07:15
11. CAUGHT SHIP Headphones (previously unreleased) 06:10
12. BLAKE FREELE Cheyne Stoking (previously unreleased) 09:20
13. PANEYE The Gummi Bears of Failure (previously unreleased) 02:09
14. NO ZU Tattooed Head (from ‘Tattooed Head’ single) 07:41
15. KRIS KEOGH As We Held Our Hidden Hopes Up To the Stars (from ‘Wormwoodstock 2012′) 04:06
16. FORENZICS Another Newer Nature (previously unreleased) 13:04
Compiled by Stuart Buchanan.
Artwork by Heath Killen.
Released under a Creative Commons licence (Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives)